Sunday, July 17, 2011

95 years old and still has a grip on all the ladies...



I was invited to share in Gabes Great Uncle's 95th birthday party... 95 years old and the man is out, in a 110 degrees dancing to the Mariachi music, not missing a beat. He was roping in the ladies to dance with him, once he grabbed hold, you were his for the remainder of the canciĆ³n. It was such a nice afternoon, I heard a love song start to play and the expression in Gabes Grandma's face looked so enamored, that I asked if she shared this song with her husband and she said yes, it was their song. It's amazing what a song can hold for two people, it brings her a memory of her husband and the time they shared together,and though her husband has passed, she will have little reminders like this love song to touch her heart again. I enjoyed the afternoon of dancing, laughter, good food and great company as it ended; I am reminded of how lucky I am to have such amazing people in my life. Thanks again Jesse for inviting me to meet your family, they are all so kind and welcoming, now I see where you get it from ♥


























No comments:

Post a Comment